Employers Promote Careers
Employers Reach Out to Youth
Help address the critcal labour shortage and reach out to local youth.
Owners and HR managers can use any or all of these 10 easy and valuable ways to promote automotive careers and employment opportunities.
- Contact local High Schools and offer to make a career presentation to interested students.
- Contact regional Nova Scotia Community College instructors and offer to discuss career opportunities to automotive students.
- Offer a monthly tour of your facilities to customers, high school students, and the general public. Simply post a notice in your waiting area and school career centre.
- Order the national automotive career "Employers Guide to Career Promotion" through the NS Automotive Sector Council.
- Contact your Sector Council to find out how you can establish a local Youth Employment Strategy.
- Establish an employee referral program.
- Attain and maintian safety & environmental standards within your organization.
- Post employment opportunities with your Industry Association and Sector Council.
- Attach the Automotive Career Brochure to each customer receipt.
- Establish a regional Apprentice Retention Bursary.