Labour Market Information
2003 Labour Market Information Survey Highlights
for the Nova Scotia Automotive Service & Repair Industry
- Employers must become more involved in Career Awareness activities within their communities.
- Companies need to post career opportunities on-line, at career centres, colleges and other frequented portals.
There is a need to build a stronger relationship with Apprenticeship Training Division, focusing on:
- non-active apprentices
- identifying trade specific issues
- educating employers on the benefits of hiring and developing apprentices.
- There is a need to develop an industry employee hiring orientation and development program.
- The industry must promote the benefits of adopting a Mentorship system for new apprentices.
- The industry needs to engage Industry Canada to help the industry utilize computers, and moving business activities on-line
- All stakeholders must help to identify issues and solutions to combat rural to urban migration of skilled workers.